Frequently Asked Questions

Coolidge Municipal Court
110 West Central Avenue
Coolidge, Arizona 85128

Pay your Court fee online:

Frequently Asked Questions


What if my ticket is marked criminal?

You must appear before the Judge if your ticket is marked criminal.  Failure to Appear may result in a warrant being issued for your arrest.


How do I enroll in Defensive Driving class?

Go to the website at:


What if I cannot get into the class until after my court date?

If you call the school to enroll prior to your court date, the school will register you.   You then must notify the court that you have enrolled and the date you are scheduled.


Will Defensive Driving School take care of my ticket in its entirety?

This will take care of one moving violation on your citation.  If you have more than on charge, you will need to handle the remaining charge(s) with the court.


Where are the classes held?

Please ask the school for class information regarding location and time of class when you enroll in the class.


My driving privileges are suspended by Motor Vehicle for an unpaid ticket in your court; how do I take care of it?

You must send a money order or Cashier’s Check only (no personal checks will be accepted) along with a correct mailing address to the court.  The court will then send you your receipt and the necessary documentation to take to Motor Vehicle to reinstate your driving privileges.  The suspension will not be lifted until the fine is paid in full.


What if I can’t pay the fine in full?

The Court by law (ARS 12-116) must add an additional charge of $20.00 to any fine not paid in full on the day it is imposed.  The Court will work with you to make a reasonable payment schedule should the fine be excessive or should you be experiencing a problem that causes you not to be able to pay in full on the day the fine is assessed.

If you are required to pay fines, penalties, fees or other financial obligations as a result of a judgement of this court and you are unable to pay, bring this information to the attention of court staff or the judge because payments over time or other alternatives may be available. Do not ignore your responsibility to pay, as this may result in additional penalties and costs to you. For more information, contact the court or an attorney.

Si a usted se le exige pagar multas, sanciones, cuotas u otras obligaciones económicas como resultado de una sentencia en este tribunal y no puede pagarlas, avíseles o al personal del tribunal o al juez de su situación porque puede ser posible pagar a plazos o puede existir otra opción.

No haga caso omiso de su responsabilidad de pagar, el cual le podría generar nuevas sanciones y costas. Para obtener más información, póngase en contacto con el tribunal o un abogado.


What happens if I fail to appear on my court date or if I fail to pay my traffic citation by my court date?

If you are charged with a civil traffic offense and you fail to appear or pay your fine, the Court will add additional charges subject to state statutes and city ordinances.  Your failure to appear will be recorded with the Department of Motor Vehicles who will promptly suspend your driving privileges.  Continued “Driving on a Suspended License” is a class one misdemeanor subject to a maximum fin of $2,500 and 6 months in jail.

Your driving privileges will remain suspended until such time as you pay the fine in full.  If you are suspended and cannot pay the fine in full Court personnel are available to help you set up a payment schedule.  Once the fine is paid in full the court will issue you the necessary documentation to reinstate your driving privileges with Motor Vehicle.

Should you fail to appear on your criminal misdemeanor offense, a warrant will be issued for your arrest, and a bond amount established.  You will be charged with the additional offense “Failure to Appear” (ARS 13-3904) a class one misdemeanor.  The warrant will remain in effect until such time that you are arrested and post bond, or until you appear in court to satisfy the warrant.